There’s no denying that content marketing has revolutionized the way many brands and businesses engage customers. But what’s even more amazing is the fact that it’s only been 10 years since brands first started paying attention to the idea of using content to market their products or services.
So, what will the next 10 years of content marketing look like? While I’m sure there will be some tactics that don’t even exist yet, there’s one trend you can’t afford to ignore: visual content.
10 Reasons Why You Need to Pay Attention to Visual Content Marketing
Here are 10 reasons you need to consider how to start integrating visual content into your marketing efforts:
1. 4 times as many consumers would prefer to watch a video about a product than to read about it. (Source)
2. 62% of B2B marketers rated videos as an effective content marketing tactic in 2016. (Source)
3. Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19% and clickthrough rates by 65%. (Source)
4. Facebook users spend 3 times more time watching live videos than traditional videos. (Source)
5. Infographics are “liked” and shared on social media 3 times more than any other type of content. (Source)
6. People following directions with text and illustrations do 323% better than people following directions without illustrations. (Source)
7. Tweets with images receive 150% more retweets than tweets without images. (Source)
8. Organic Facebook engagement is highest on posts with videos (13.9%) and photos (13.7%). (Source)
9. 37% of marketers said visual marketing was the most important form of content for their business, second only to blogging (38%). (Source)
10. 51% of B2B marketers prioritized creating visual content assets in 2016.(Source)
Content marketing has definitely evolved over the past 10 years. Podcasts are the new blogs. Ecourses are the new eBooks. While it can be difficult to keep up with the trends, one thing we can be sure of is that content marketing will continue to evolve.
What are some ways your brand is integrating visual content into your marketing efforts?