Account-based marketing has quickly become one of those tactics that every marketer should know—especially B2B companies.
According to a recent study…
- 41% of B2B marketers worldwide plan to increase spending on ABM. (eMarketer)
- 92% of B2B marketers worldwide consider ABM “extremely” or “very” important to their overall marketing efforts. (SiriusDecisions)
- 80% of B2B marketers say that ABM outperforms other marketing initiatives. (ITSMA)
The good news is that getting started with account-based marketing doesn’t have to be complicated. There are several ABM tactics you can deploy in the next fiscal quarter. One of those tactics is to target key decision-makers with advertising.
3 Secrets for Effective Account-Based Advertising
But, how do you know if your account-based advertising is really working? Here are three keys:
- Make sure you’re focusing your advertising strategy on attracting the right audience. In order for advertising to truly move the needle, you should make sure your campaigns are attracting the right audience. Whether you’re investing in social advertising or Google Adwords, you want to maximize your ability to reach the right audience. Don’t focus all your efforts on driving as much traffic as you can to your website. Make sure you’re also focusing on targeting the right accounts.
- Leverage account-based advertising throughout the buyer’s journey. Many business leaders focus their advertising on the top of the marketing funnel—using it primarily as a way to generate new leads. But, there’s so much more you can do with today’s sophisticated advertising tools. For example: Could you run an advertising campaign highlighting a recent customer success story targeted at everyone in the sales cycle? What type of ad messaging might get someone to re-engage who has fallen off the radar? Thinking through how you can target people who already know your brand is a great way to accelerate sales conversations.
- Test and optimize efforts along the way. The truth is, there are dozens of PPC metrics you can track. So, which ones matter most when it comes to reaching your business goals? Rather than focusing solely on PPC analytics, such as clicks, impressions, and click-through rates (CTRs), here are some metrics that allow you to analyze your efforts, so you can begin testing your campaigns along the way.
Account-based advertising is just the latest way to engage potential customers with the right message at the right time. Not only is it incredibly effective, but you also don’t need a crazy advertising budget to get started. If you take the time to consider these tips, there aren’t many tactics that provide as much positive ROI as account-based advertising.