With the holiday season quickly approaching, it’s time to start preparing your 2022 strategic marketing plan. The new year is a perfect chance to start fresh, with innovative ideas, new traditions, and creative campaigns. Before you determine what needs to change, what objectives should be established, or what goals you want to meet, take a look at these seven attainable goals to add to your marketing plan for 2022. These key components just might make this one your most successful year yet. Include Your Team in the Process It’s essential to involve your team in company decisions, especially the choices that will directly impact them. Whether it’s a financial, communications, or company-wide plan, you don’t need to take on this task alone. Inviting your team to collaborate with you creates a more collaborative environment. Plus, incorporating your employees in big decision plans builds company trust, morale, camaraderie, and reliability. Everyone brings a new perspective, and it’s critical to engage them. Construct a SWOT Analysis from 2021 Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) are essential when planning your next move. Without the deep dive into your previous campaigns and strategies, you’re unable to determine why something was or wasn’t successful. By conducting your strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats (SWOT) analysis, you’re unveiling endless growth possibilities and positive outcomes. Here are some examples of each to ask your team:
- Where do we excel?
- What are our assets?
- What do customers like about us?
- Where are areas of improvement?
- What complaints do we receive from customers, employees, or stakeholders?
- How much debt do we have?
- What trends may positively impact our industry?
- Is there a niche that we should be targeting?
- How is the market changing?
- Could specific regulations discount our company?
- What methods have our competitors tried that we have not?
- Where can our weaknesses be exposed?
- Goal: Grow our social media following
- Objective: Increase social media audience by 30% by April 1, 2022
- Goal: Strengthen employee morale
- Objective: Increase employee feedback survey to a 90% average by 2023
- Goal: Expand our client list
- Objective: Increase subscription rate by 60% by June 15, 2022