It’s no secret that our world is more digital by the day. Advertising and media relations have completely shifted as the internet has grown and changed. And, of course, the exponential (and constant) growth of social media has completely transformed the way we communicate with our audiences. That’s why a PR strategy alone won’t quite cut it anymore. So, where do you go from here? To stay ahead of your competition and remain present for your audience, it’s vital that you and your marketing team have a comprehensive digital PR strategy. In this article, we’ll cover what is involved in a digital PR plan and how you can begin putting yours together today.
What Does a Digital PR Strategy Include?In your digital PR toolkit, you’ll need:
- A customer survey tool to collect positive reviews
- Backlinks in trustworthy publications
- Proactive press releases and connections with the media
- A comprehensive social media strategy
How Do You Put these In Place?
1. A Customer Survey Tool to Collect Positive ReviewsOne of the most important ways to build trust with your customers is through positive reviews. In fact, according to BrightLocal, 91% of customers from the ages of 18 to 34 trust online reviews just as much as personal recommendations. Knowing the power of reviews, it’s imperative that you have a strategy in place to collect them. We recommend that our clients use LoyaltyLoop; however, there are many other tools out there to explore to see what would serve your business best. Here are a few of the top ways to collect reviews:
- A survey tool, such as LoyaltyLoop
- Instructing your team to encourage customers to leave reviews
- Linking to your Google, Yelp, or Facebook pages in your email signature
- Offer your customers an incentive