Instagram has quickly become one of the world’s most popular social media channels, with more than 800 million active users. And, it’s not just the rapid growth in users that has marketers discussing how to leverage it to reach customers—Instagram users are extremely engaged.
- 57% of Instagram users access the site every day.
- Engagement rates on Instagram are 15 times higher than Facebook and 20 times higher than Twitter.
- Engagement with brand posts on Instagram is growing at a greater rate than brands are adopting the network.
However, marketing with Instagram had its fair share of challenges for businesses. Primarily, Instagram required that posts had to be published in real-time. And, in a world where marketers and business leaders are already pressed for time, taking time to set reminders, create posts, and keep track of those posts on their phones has created all sorts of inefficiencies.
Earlier this month, that challenge ended with Instagram’s latest announcement.
Instagram Scheduling and Publishing for Desktop is Here!
Much to the chagrin of marketers and social media managers, Instagram now allows business profiles to schedule posts through third-party apps. HootSuite was the first company to announce an update that will allow users with Instagram Business accounts to schedule posts ahead of time. SproutSocial, one of the tools Green Apple Strategy leverages for clients, also announced that their clients can now pre-schedule posts.
This is good news for a lot of businesses who partner with marketing agencies to manage their social media. Until now, it was incredibly difficult to gain any traction using Instagram because of the need to review and approve content ahead of time. I believe Instagram’s latest announcement will give businesses and marketing agencies some incredible opportunities to reach clients in new ways.
How to Leverage Instagram to Reach Your Customers
At Green Apple Strategy, we’ve already been discussing various ways we can help our clients leverage Instagram to reach their customers. Here are a few blog posts and resources we’ve been discussing:
- How to Know if Instagram is Right for Your Business. This blog post provides some fascinating statistics on how B2B brands are leveraging Instagram, as well as some tools and strategies for maximizing your reach.
- 15 Instagram Accounts that are Killing it with B2B Content. This blog post highlights some of the most creative and innovative ways B2B businesses are using Instagram. It provides a lot of creative examples of how you could potentially use it to reach customers.
- 7 Successful Instagram Marketing Strategies for B2B Businesses. This blog post provides high-level ideas your business can use to share relevant content with your industry and be more human with customers.
No matter if you are B2B or B2C, Instagram is a channel you should explore. The number of users, high-level of engagement, and growing prominence of visually-driven content make it the perfect platform to stand out in an increasingly noisy world.